Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brief Update

The Grammys are being held tonight. Look here afterwards for my post. I'll try not to make it all about "this sucked, that sucked, so-and-so got cheated", but I make no promises. Stay tuned.

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead put out a new record this past week. I wrote a review of it and lost it somehow. I'll try to find it and put it back up or write a new one if I get time. It was a great review though...insightful, humorous, beautifully written, you'd have loved it. Trust me.

I was remiss in my Motorhead review not to have mentioned the guitar work of Phil Campbell on this new record. Always an underrated player, he recorded these tracks while looking after his dying father. That could have gone either way as emotions can either make your playing great or totally distract you and negatively affect performance. Fortunately the former is true here. It's the best he's ever done. And the more I listen I think I may need to give this record that extra half Dave after all.

Also, I realise that there was no clip with the review as has been my habit so far. Well, it's my blog so I can do what I want, but the reason is that I couldn't find anything new I liked that was not fan shot footage, or just a still of the album cover while a song played. Not a fan of that... I mean, at least use a collage! So sorry, no clip.

Check back tonight after the Grammys for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. Insults are not. Keep it civil people.