Wednesday, July 13, 2011

RIP Wurzel



Micheal Burston, AKA Wurzel, died over the weekend. He was a guitarist for Motorhead during their only four piece line up. Some of my favorite Motorhead records feature his playing. "No Remorse, Orgasmatron, Rock And Roll, 1916, and Bastards are all huge records for me (and I still have my Orgasmatron vinyl, a prized possession).

This clip from the legendary and too awesome for words British sitcom "The Young Ones" was my introduction to Motorhead. It was a show that only certain people in my school understood, and Motorhead was a band that even fewer got. For me it was the perfect match up. Wurzel is the guitarist on your left. In true BBC fashion they cut to the wrong player at the wrong times during the song, but that makes this clip even more fun. Enjoy!

Oh and Wurzel, thanks for helping me stay an outsider through my teens, it has served me well. Rock on into eternity brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. Insults are not. Keep it civil people.