Monday, March 7, 2011

Quick Update March 7, 2011

Sorry for the lack of activity here. When you run a blog as a hobby sometimes real life gets in the way and you have to put it on hold for a while. Things will be back up and running soon.

Coming up will be the long promised Drive-By Truckers review. I was a victim of the now infamous pre-order foul up and didn't get the disc until well after its release date. Then, being a fan, I had to absorb this one a little bit. I'll also review their bonus EP as well.

Just in time for St. Patrick's Day there's a new Dropkick Murphys CD out as well. Look for that review shortly.

I also made a stupid big purchase over the weekend and bought "The Beatles in Mono" box set. It occurred to me that I never bothered with buying the remasters when they came out two years ago and was planning on starting that project soon, so I just took the plunge and picked this up. I'm sure there will be some talk about that too.

I'll try to squeeze in the new Eddie Spaghetti and R.E.M. releases soon, but the ol' wallet is getting thinner so we'll see what happens there. Plus, I'm going to start features on some classic albums/bands in the near future as well.

So as you can see, there's a lot brewing here. Check back soon and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. Insults are not. Keep it civil people.